This episode was inspired by the life lesson and reminder to not forget about the adventures in our own backyards.
Sometimes we can find ourselves watching videos, looking at pictures, and reading about the places and things we wish were enjoying.
We want to feel fulfilled and happy despite the setbacks or unmet expectations that arise.
In this episode, we discuss the 5 things that we noticed help us love where we are physically as well as where we are in our goals and circumstances, especially when it isn’t where we anticipated we would be.
This episode isn’t meant to give you all the answers to help you achieve your goals faster or to solve the problems that come up during growth and change. It won’t eliminate disappointments, those are just a part of life. But it can help you discover ways to respond to setbacks and find joy and fulfillment during the journey.
While the exact examples and tips we share won’t work for everyone, the principles behind each of these tips can inspire you to come up with your own ideas on how to add joy and fulfillment to your life, no matter where you are.
Ways to listen below:
Ways to apply this lesson:
Want to practice applying this lesson in your life? Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Pray and ask for insight of how where you are is a blessing
- Write down and record the things you are grateful to have learned or done at the end of each day
- Ask someone who has or is doing what you want what they wish they had learned or experienced before achieving their success
- Ask those who love what you have or where you are why they love it so much
- Brainstorm and research ways you can use what you already have in different ways than you are used to
- Serve or share what you already have with someone who has less experience with it than you do
Share any additional ideas of how you plan to practice applying the principles shared in the lesson.
SHARE THIS EPISODE: