Failure is a part of life, in fact, it is a part of the process when we are going after our goals and striving to grow.
While “Fabulous” may not be the first word that comes to mind when you think of failing, it can be fabulous. All you need is the proper perspective and the tools to allow failure to propel you forward.
Our failures don’t define WHO we are, they do, however, help us to define WHERE we are. When we realize this, we can stop worrying about failing and instead, improve on our weaknesses and turn those failures into something fabulous. Failing is not WHO we are, it is something we will sometimes do. Unless you are perfect, it’s going to happen, so we’re sharing our top 6 tips for failing fabulously.
6 Tips for Failing Fabulously:
- Try again from your strengths or the strengths of others
- Acknowledge, track, and celebrate progress
- Go all in and play full out
- Embrace it as part of the process
- Don’t quit too soon
Ways to listen below:
Ways to apply this lesson:
Take some time to look at your failures, is there a way to turn those failures into something fabulous?
- Pick a failed attempt and identify a way you can better use your strengths or the strengths of others as resources to help you succeed faster than you would have by going at it without them.
- After choosing a failure, ask yourself if you’ve made any progress since you’ve started. Have you learned anything new? How much closer to your goal are you now then you were then? Do you have a way to track that progress that can help you celebrate and see that progress more often?
- Practice embracing failure as part of the process and as steps that lead to success. Go all in and play full out toward something you almost feel like you would be guaranteed to fail at and do it anyway. For inspiration check out Jia Jang’s 100 days of rejection.
SHARE THIS EPISODE: